Somerset is for Foodies
When you stay at The Manor Holcombe, you will soon discover why Somerset is for foodies. From cutting edge Michelin star restaurants to traditional pub food and welcoming farm shops, Somerset is brimming over with delicious foodie experiences. Here is my take on why Somerset is the ideal holiday destination for foodies:
Variety and Tradition
Firstly, there is a huge number of farmers in Somerset growing a variety of incredible produce. It is a rural region with a winning combination of great climate, soil, farming traditions and innovation. Apples for making cider and cheddar cheese are two famous examples of exceptional Somerset produce, but there is plenty more mouth-watering local food and wine to discover.
Excellent restaurants in Somerset
Secondly, there is a fantastic choice of excellent restaurants nearby. The best restaurants in Somerset specialise in locally sourced produce and culinary expertise. When you stay at The Manor Holcombe, book one or two for a dining experience to remember. Go to The Michelin guide for their best restaurants and pubs in Somerset.
Foodie experiences in Somerset
Thirdly, Somerset is full of foodie entrepreneurs specialising in their own niche of culinary experiences. From fascinating foodie tours of Somerset to cookery lessons in our kitchen, I can help you organise your favourites for your stay. Catering at the manor can also be organised. Read more about it on our Experiences page.
Farm shops in Somerset
Finally, there are many wonderful farm shops in Somerset, so you can source the tastiest local produce to enjoy at home. We are lucky enough to have The Holcombe Farm Shop an easy walk away, so you can stock up on fresh supplies for your meals at the manor. Self-catering at The Manor Holcombe is a joy for foodies as our kitchen is well-equipped and spacious. You can also fire up the barbecue for relaxed summer gatherings.
Recommended Restaurants in Somerset
- THE PIG NEAR BATH: The Pig is committed to its impressive, ever-changing ‘25-mile menu’. All its dishes are made from locally sourced produce within a 25 mile radius, so the menu is a delight for foodies keen to experience the best of Somerset cuisine. Hunstrete House, Hunstrete, Pensford, Bath, BS39 4NS
- BABINGTON HOUSE: Book the excellent restaurant at Babington House if you are Soho house members as it is a short 10-minute drive away from The Manor Holcombe. If you are attending a wedding on a Thursday, you can book The Manor Holcombe for a long weekend.
- THE NEWT IN SOMERSET: A beautiful setting for lunch, highly recommended. A359, Hadspen, Bruton, Castle Cary BA7 7NG
- AT THE CHAPEL: Very good for lunch (pictured above). 28 High St, Bruton BA10 0AE
- THE ROTH BAR & GRILL RESTAURANT: Excellent dining at Hauser & Wirth galleries and garden. Durslade Farm, Dropping Lane, Bruton BA10 0NL
- THE BATH PRIORY: A wonderful restaurant set in a country house hotel, within walking distance of the city centre. The Bath Priory, Weston Rd, Bath BA1 2XT
- PONY & TRAP: First rate dining using locally sourced produce in a country pub setting. Moorledge Road, Newtown, Chew Magna, Bristol BS40 8TQ
If you would like help organising the best foodie experiences for your stay at The Manor Holcombe, please contact us for more information.